Signs & Symptoms
- Affects up to 40% of teens and young adults
- Condition related to the sebaceous glands
- The bacterium P. acnes is involved
- Can sometimes present later in life due to hormones (adult-onset acne)
- Light-based treatment options now offer an alternative to medication
• Avoid taking medication and its side effects
• Efficient and safe
Photodynamic therapy (PDT) is the latest technology in treatments with an impact similar to Accutane without the significant side effects.
The treatment begins with a solution called Levulan (aminolevulinic acid) being applied for a period of one to two hours. The treatment area is then exposed to a light source. At most, a burning sensation, similar to a sunburn can be felt.