Signs & Symptoms
- Depigmentation of the epidermis - reduced levels of melanin - due to the selective destruction of melanocytes.
- Areas most commonly affected:
- The face and neck
- The hands
- Elbows and knees
- The Excimer 308 nm laser combined with the application of an ointment (Protopic)
• In 2007, we introduced the first laser designed to treat vitiligo: the Excimer 308 nm laser
• Treatment is carried out in parallel with the application of tacrolimus ointment (Protopic) - 10-20 treatments are needed
While there is no magic cure for vitiligo, Excimer laser treatment is available. When used in combination with tacrolimus ointment it offers the most effective results observed to date. It is recommended that these pain-free treatments be carried out weekly over a period of 10 to 20 weeks.