SIGNS & SYMPTOMS
- Up to 40% of teens and young adults are affected
- Condition related to the sebaceous glands
- The bacterium P. acnes is involved
- Sometimes present later in life due to hormones (adult-onset acne)
SOLUTION & TREATMENT
Light-based treatment options now offer an alternative to medication.
Amazing results without surgery
- Eliminates the need to take medication and the side effects associated with it
- Efficient and safe
Photodynamic therapy (PDT) is the latest technological treatment. Its impact is similar to Accutane without the significant side effects.
The treatment starts with applying a solution called Levulan (aminolevulinic acid) for a period of one to two hours. The treatment area is then exposed to a light source. At most, a burning sensation similar to that of a sunburn can be felt.